Durable Lemon Cake Help

Baking By bridge72 Updated 16 May 2010 , 8:01am by mamawrobin

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 15 May 2010 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

It seems I can't find instant lemon pudding anywhere where I live and I was wondering can I substitute the cook and serve lemon for the instant??? TIA

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure. I've never used the cook and serve. What about just adding vanilla instant pudding and adding a little extra lemon extract.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:43am
post #3 of 5

Last year I posted the question....Darn it .... I bought regular pudding for my chocolate cake and I was supposed to buy instant pudding. Can I use this in place of instant and will my cake still turn out.

Several people responded to my post saying that they have done the name thing and have used the regular pudding in place of the instant and it works just fine. I used the regular pudding in my chocolate cake and I could not tell the difference and my cake turned out just fine.

I can't see why you can't do the same thing for your lemon cake.

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:45am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Mamawrobin and Peridot! I found some icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif The store must have been out or maybe my eyesight is starting to fail me because I was just there Sunday and didn't see any .

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 16 May 2010 , 8:01am
post #5 of 5

You're welcome bridge thumbs_up.gif Glad that you found some. I don't know if the other would work or not. Seems to me that there is a reason it calls for "instant" and not regular. Maybe?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%