mayferd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayferd Posted 15 May 2010 , 5:34am
post #1 of 7

HOW DO I GET HOT PINK WITH BC?

6 replies
apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 15 May 2010 , 5:57am
post #2 of 7

This I think is one of the worst colors to do...Wilton has changed their rose color...I used to use this...but now it comes out too orange for me. The other problem is that it always seems to have that food coloring taste to it...I know someone told me that Americolor gel has a great bright pink...I try to airbrush that color when I can. Hope this helps...

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 15 May 2010 , 6:08am
post #3 of 7

americolor electric pink really good

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 May 2010 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apetricek

This I think is one of the worst colors to do...Wilton has changed their rose color...I used to use this...but now it comes out too orange for me. The other problem is that it always seems to have that food coloring taste to it...I know someone told me that Americolor gel has a great bright pink...I try to airbrush that color when I can. Hope this helps...

Wilton hasn't changed their rose color. icon_confused.gif There is Wilton Rose and Wilton Pink. Wilton Pink does have an orange undertone and you cannot get hot pink using this color. I use Wilton Rose. (cakes in my photos') to get hot pink. Works great AND you really don't have to use very much so I have no problem with after taste. thumbs_up.gif apetricek, maybe you're using the Wilton pink instead?

The Americolor electric pink is great but isn't as available as the Wilton colors.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 15 May 2010 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 7

Yep I use Wilton Rose too! I like it because it doesn't take much to get a really bright pink. Just used it yesterday in fact for three hot pink cakes in a row and have never noticed a bad taste. I have had issues with Wilton Pink being too orange. I don't use it anymore.

mayferd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayferd Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 7

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT IS HARD TO GET HOT PINK. WE ONLY HAVE WILTON AROUND HERE. THANK YOU icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayferd

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT IS HARD TO GET HOT PINK. WE ONLY HAVE WILTON AROUND HERE. THANK YOU icon_smile.gif

You're welcome. I can't get Americolor without ordering online. The Wilton Rose works just fine. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%