Emergency Help - Cheesecake

Decorating By cricket0616 Updated 15 May 2010 , 12:33am by Karen421

cricket0616 Posted 14 May 2010 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 4

I baked a cheesecake for an event tomorrow morning. I was letting it cool to room temperature when I noticed that the center is not cooked completely. I took it out the oven when the center had a slight wiggle.

Can I put it back in the oven now that it has cooled to room temp to cook additional time? Well it crack? Should I start all over? I can't wait until tomorrow morning to find the cake cracked it will be too late then.

3 replies
kclovesken Posted 14 May 2010 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 4

I am sorry to hear that icon_sad.gif I have had that happen before and I have found that placing it in the fridge after it has cooled can help it set up better. However I think (IMO) putting it back in the oven wouldnt help any. The original cooking process is done so I would think it would just dry it out and make it crack :S

I am sure someone else here would have a better answer for you though and I wish you luck icon_biggrin.gif

Elcee Posted 14 May 2010 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 4

You're supposed to take it out when it still has a slight wiggle. It will set as it cools. Sounds like you have done your cheescake just right. I would not put it back into the oven!

Karen421 Posted 15 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

Let your cheesecake cool completely, before putting in the fridge. If you put a pan of water, on a lower rack, under your cheesecake, while baking it, it will keep the cheesecake from cracking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%