Hope Someone Can Answer This Today!!!!

Decorating By tal Updated 14 May 2010 , 11:32pm by tal

tal Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 9

I made a 3 tiered cake - 2 tiers with BC and 1 tier Cream Cheese BC. I bought Satin Ice Fondant to cover all three layers. The event is this Sunday around Noon.

Could I cover the cakes today (Friday) and keep them out over night then decorate tomorrow (Sat) and leave out over night until Sunday???

I would sooooooooo much appreciate help with this........Thanks Cake Bakers!!!!!

Lisa

8 replies
joyfullysweet Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 9

With the buttercream layers, yes. The cream cheese, I don't think you can because I believe it's perishable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Spuddysmom Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfullysweet

With the buttercream layers, yes. The cream cheese, I don't think you can because I believe it's perishable. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

That's correct.

tal Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 9

The CC/BC icing has so much powdered sugar in it, I thought I read somewhere that with all the ps, it does something chemically to the CC so as to make it nonperishable???

But to be safe, if I refrigerate the CC/BC tier, should I line a cardboard box with foil and place it in the refrig????

mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:

I agree with you. thumbs_up.gif

dalis4joe Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:

same here... thumbs_up.gif

mayo2222 Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalis4joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:

same here... thumbs_up.gif

and here thumbs_up.gif

moufette Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 9

Hi there! You aren't wrong... just keep it as cool and dry as possible (out of the food danger zone, below 40 degrees F).

tal Posted 14 May 2010 , 11:32pm
post #9 of 9

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%