Khalstead Serving And Pricing Chart!

Business By KHalstead Updated 17 May 2010 , 2:41pm by KHalstead

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 19

Ok, the last thread got locked because ppl were posting their email addresses........and I've gotten a TON of requests (337 emails have been sent out so far lol), however, someone just brought to my attention that I've been sending out ONLY a pricing chart. I have a serving/pricing chart and that is what I MEANT to be emailing. Sooooooooooooooooo since I can't re-email the 300+ ppl who already received the other chart. I uploaded a link for the chart on my website and anyone that wants the chart can go here

http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/servingchart.htm

That should allow you to open it up in .doc form (if you have Word) and edit it as you see fit to reflect your pricing. It's a very basic chart, but is a good one pager to present to customers with LOTS of info. I use these at my tastings so that I have all the prices in front of me ready to go!!

HTH

18 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 19

Thanks for posting that Tina!

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 19

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You are awesome! icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 19

no problem, I just feel bad for all the other people I sent the WRONG form to!!!

SO SORRY GUYS!!!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 19

Thank you for sharing! Your work is AMAZING!

bpoff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bpoff Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 19

Thanks for posting!!

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 19

thank you

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 19

Thank you! Just a question, so you charge less per serving on the sheet cakes compared to the round cakes? Or am I just reading that incorrectly? Is there a reason why you charge less?

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 19

you're amazing. Thank you so much for your humble generosity icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 14 May 2010 , 10:43pm
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra

Thank you! Just a question, so you charge less per serving on the sheet cakes compared to the round cakes? Or am I just reading that incorrectly? Is there a reason why you charge less?

I charge less for sheet cakes because they're just 2" high cakes, the round/square individual cakes are 4" high w/ a layer of bc in between...so there is more work involved in leveling those and filling and stacking the layers and then icing without getting a bulge in the center VS. just icing a 2" slab of cake!

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 14 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #11 of 19

Ahhh okay, that makes sense. Thanks! I've only done one sheet cake in my life for a friend so I wasn't sure.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:45am
post #12 of 19

Tina is the bomb-diggity icon_wink.gif

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:54am
post #13 of 19

Wow, thank you for sharing all the time and work that has gone into it, you are a very generous person.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:06am
post #14 of 19

Just wanted to say I love the cake ministry you are involved in.

How does that work out? I've seen that sort of ministry/gift before and I was afraid people would really take too much advantage of it. I'd love to hear how it works out, how you choose how many cakes you donate, and etc.

I'm donating a cake next week but its as a gift for one of my customers' sons who is having major surgery...but I wouldn't know where to begin about giving cakes as charity in general.

Lita829 Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:39am
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Just wanted to say I love the cake ministry you are involved in.

How does that work out? I've seen that sort of ministry/gift before and I was afraid people would really take too much advantage of it. I'd love to hear how it works out, how you choose how many cakes you donate, and etc.

I'm donating a cake next week but its as a gift for one of my customers' sons who is having major surgery...but I wouldn't know where to begin about giving cakes as charity in general.

I know that your question was directed at Khalstead but I know that there are many organizations that would love to receive donated baked goods. I've been donating baked goods regularly for the last 2 1/2 years to an organization and I was thinking of trying to assemble a coalition of bakers to bake for the same organization but in their community. I was just speaking about it with one of the facilitators of the Chapter I donate to. I'd love a hand in getting the ball rolling on branching out to other chapters . PM me if you are interested.

If you aren't interested in the organization that I donate to, then my recommendation is to donate to a non-profit organization. They are the ones with the greatest needs and I don't think that they'd take advangtage of your gifts.

Good Luck icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:43am
post #16 of 19

I signed up for the new Wedding Wish (I think that's the name) foundation for doing free weddings for terminally ill patients....so we'll see if I get any requests for that.

I was afraid the birthday ones would take up too much time away from regular orders....I would be especially interested in doing ones, though, for terminally ill children if anyone knows of foundations that do that?

Lita829 Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:56am
post #17 of 19
Quote:

I signed up for the new Wedding Wish (I think that's the name) foundation for doing free weddings for terminally ill patients....so we'll see if I get any requests for that.

I was afraid the birthday ones would take up too much time away from regular orders....I would be especially interested in doing ones, though, for terminally ill children if anyone knows of foundations that do that?

That sounds like a great organization! It must be sad but rewarding to bake for terminally ill newlyweds. I'm sure that you'll find a second organization that will fulfill your charity giving icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:58am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lita829

Quote:

That sounds like a great organization! It must be sad but rewarding to bake for terminally ill newlyweds. I'm sure that you'll find a second organization that will fulfill your charity giving icon_smile.gif

Haha. I am not sure about the first one, its turning pretty high profile so I do not know if they will allow me to participate, even though I sent in my information. (They have like FANCY wedding vendors who are getting involved.)

KH sorry to hijack your thread...I'm gonna go start a charity thread.

KHalstead Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:41pm
post #19 of 19

hey Kita, not a problem!!!!!! The "Cakes For Christ" program that I offer is for ANYONE living in my community (small town of around 15,000 people), if they have a child that is 18 yrs. old or younger and they don't feel they can afford to purchase a birthday cake for them, then they can sign up on my website to receive one for free!

There is no income verification required, if people want to take advantage they can...I don't care. My purpose for doing it is not to feed their bellies, it's to save their souls!

When they order a cake, they sign a paper (online inquiries have a "by clicking submit you agree and authorize a representative of Tina's Sugar Shack to provide you with materials containing information on receiving Jesus Christ as your Savior")
and then I give them a free Bible (if they don't own one) and also give them materials on who Jesus is and what sets Christianity (followers of Christ) apart from all the other religions in the world, explaining that all roads do NOT lead to Heaven. I also talk with the family and find out if they have any other needs, ie; clothing for children, food for household, etc. and then I call up various other people I know including my church family and we try to meet/fulfill the family's needs as best as we can!

Oddly enough, I've had more people start a Cakes For Christ program through their cake business (16 ppl. so far- 14 in the US and 1 in Australia and 1 in Puerto Rico) after having seen my program on my website, and have had about 15 ppl. donate money toward the program, than I have had people signing up for it!

Nobody has "taken advantage" of this program, and even if someone did order a cake that really COULD afford it, but just wanted free cake.......I"m ok with that.....because as far as I'm concerned people who are dishonest need the message I have to offer MORE than those that are just down on their luck and don't have any money!

Either way, it gives me an opportunity to use the talents God has given me for HIS glory...NOT MY OWN!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%