Alittle Nervous About Buldging And Lumpy Cake Under Fondont.

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 15 May 2010 , 1:55am by mom2my3girlz

mom2my3girlz Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 7

I am nervous about cake not looking smooth. There were so many gaps between layers before I crumb coated it with buttercream. Looks smooth in refrigerator now though..but will it still look smooth once covered in fondont and sits at the party? I spackeled the gaps really smooth...just hopes it will hold up. What do you think?

6 replies
DianeLM Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 7

As long as you've let the cake rest and, ideally, compressed the layers after they were filled with a weight, they should be fine.

Here's a picture of the inside of a cake that I had to rely on spackle for since I couldn't trim the sides. Outside of the cake looked absolutely perfect.

mom2my3girlz Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 7

I cannot see the pic of the cake before the fondont. I only see the finished cake...so beautiful!

DianeLM Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 7

Ack! I don't know what happened. My picture wouldn't attach, then gremlins invaded my computer. Seems to be working now.

Anyway, you can see the layer of spackle on the side between the cake and the fondant. The cake was kind of an 'hourglass' shape, but the spackle filled it in beautifully.
LL

tesso Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:32am
post #5 of 7

nooo... I dont see any pics at all !! just a gray box with red lettering that is too small for me to see what it reads.

leily Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:41am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

nooo... I dont see any pics at all !! just a gray box with red lettering that is too small for me to see what it reads.

there is some error with pictures that are posting to threads tonight. There should be what looks like a second attachment that has a box with a red X in it. Click on this and the photo will pop open in a new window.

The lettering in the grey box is just saying that something isn't working right.

mom2my3girlz Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

Oh wow...that gives me hope.... so just alot of spackle with buttercream should do the trick. Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%