Where Shall I Keep The Cake?

Decorating By naughtyhobbit Updated 14 May 2010 , 4:06pm by mamawrobin

naughtyhobbit Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:07am
post #1 of 5

My question is: where should I keep my cake (decorated with fondant) before giving it to the client? In the fridge there is too much humidity (I cover the back of the fridge with a kitchen towel though, it helps a little); I don't have any basement, and outside is too hot. When I keep the cake in the fridge during the night, one side of the cake gets a little bit wet. And sometimes fondant decorations loose their shape (especially 3 D decorations, like ribbon or figurine). Help please!

4 replies
brincess_b Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:27am
post #2 of 5

anywhere it wont get knocked, if its in a box, that isnt too hot. on top of the microwave is often where mine live, or just on the counter.
(although if ur fillings need refridgerated, then it will have to be the fridge)
xx

mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 9:05am
post #3 of 5

I wouldn't put it on top of the microwave but that's just me icon_smile.gif . Just somewhere that's cool and out of danger of being damaged. I NEVER refrigerate my cakes.

Unless you have a perishable filling in your cake stop putting it in the fridge.

naughtyhobbit Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 5

I fill my cakes usually with buttercream or whipped cream with a little bit of fruit jelly. I don't think they are especially perishable . So can I keep the cake on the kitchen counter during the night, in- let's say- room temperature? In my country there is now 18 degrees Celsius during the day and a little less during the night.

mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 5

Whipped cream needs refrigeration but buttercream doesn't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%