How Many Servings In The Wonder Mold Doll Pan?

Decorating By bfranzen Updated 22 Feb 2013 , 1:41am by auntiecake

bfranzen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfranzen Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:24am
post #1 of 4

How many servings from the wonder mold doll pan? If the buyer wants me to use a specific doll (not a pick), how many servings do you think I'll lose...I figured I would wrap the doll in plastic wrap before inserting in the cake, unless anyone has a better suggestion?
Thanks!

3 replies
joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 4

Wilton says 12. I used that pan for the tinkerbell doll cake in my pics. I used a full-size doll. I wrapped her in plastic and stuck her in the cake while it was still warm to get a hole without the cake "ripping", I then pulled her out to finish cooling. Just a warning, most dolls are too tall! I had to cut a hole in the cake board under the doll to let her feet through, and then stuck the whole thing on a 10" square. I know some people just bake an extra circle to go underneath. HTH!

Geechigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Geechigirl Posted 14 May 2010 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

I usually tell people that it will serve 15. You can look at my pics because I posted a couple doll cakes. I use a full barbie and lightly wrap the bottom in plastic wrap. The doll is slightly taller so I just use buttercream icing and smooth it around the waist so that it flows into the skirt.

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 1:41am
post #4 of 4

I put a9". Cake under the wonder mold and then the doll fits and the dress is fuller.  Sorry I know this is an old forum.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%