Questions About A 3 Tier Or 4 Tier Cake.....

Decorating By kclovesken Updated 14 May 2010 , 3:35am by kclovesken

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:07am
post #1 of 4

Ok so heres my question....

I am making what I would LIKE to be a 4 tier cake. I am totally over analyzing it I think but its the biggest cake I have made. What dowels would you recommend and what size cakes? I was thinking 12, 10, 8 and 6.

I have been making cakes for a long while and trying to get some of my work uploaded so you can see icon_biggrin.gif So far the only pic I can get up is the very first cake I that turned out well enough to be proud of icon_razz.gif

My other question is I have a walk in freezer and fridge to store them in so would it be safe to bake, wrap, freeze, carve, crum coat and then fridge?? Or at that point leave it out?

Thanks for the input icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:17am
post #2 of 4

I would use plastic dowels (Wiltons) in the bottom tier, bubble tea straws in the rest.

No need to put in fridge unless you have a perishable filling. Just my opinion though! icon_wink.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:22am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

I would use plastic dowels (Wiltons) in the bottom tier, bubble tea straws in the rest.

No need to put in fridge unless you have a perishable filling. Just my opinion though! icon_wink.gif

Ditto. Toall of the above thumbs_up.gif

kclovesken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kclovesken Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 4

Im just a bit slow sometimes icon_razz.gif what is bubble tea straws and where can I find them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%