Massa Americana, How Is It Different?

Decorating By LuvLyrics Updated 15 May 2010 , 1:50am by LuvLyrics

LuvLyrics Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:25am
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I was just wondering how is this fondant different from the others? besides price LOL... I was wondering if it was worth it paying the extra $$.. just trying to educate myself on fondant !!

Thanks
Anna

5 replies
cmgary Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:47am
post #2 of 6

Hi Anna:

I can tell you that I love the Massa Americana or any of the fondant and gumpaste from Albert Uster. They are certainly worth the price in my mind. I tried Satin Ice and got frustrated because it dried out n me way too fast. Then my cake decorating instructor turned me on to Albert Uster products such as the Massa Americana, White Chocolate and Dark Chocolate fondant and also the gumpaste. I wouldn't go back to anything else. Both products ( fondant and gumpaste ) roll out smooth and don't dry out as fast as the Satin Ice. They also taste fantastic too.

Also if you don't have a local cake shop that carries the product you can order direct from Albert Uster's website and if you purchase anything over $195.00 then shipping is free. Otherwise you pay $25.00 in shipping.

I hope this helps.

chikadodle Posted 14 May 2010 , 1:55am
post #3 of 6

Totally agree with you, cmgary! The Albert Uster fondant is excellent! I used to work at a very high end hotel and we always used the Massa Grischuna -- it is awesome to work with. That was before the days of the Massa Americana. Now I own a bakery where the market doesn't bear the high cost of the AU fondant.

I completely agree that the Satin Ice dries out way too fast. I thought it was just my own personal issue after being spoiled by the AU products. Nice to hear that I'm not the only one having troubles! The Massa tastes so much better and is easier to work with. It can also be rolled much thinner than the Satin Ice without tearing or showing through.

Joanne1944 Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 6

Massa has a new amethyst fondant that is a true color. Best of all, it doesn't fade.

LuvLyrics Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:48am
post #5 of 6

Thank you ladies, i will give it a try, I am pretty new to working with fondant, but I've been using Satin ice and do find that dries really fast... icon_smile.gif

LuvLyrics Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:50am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgary

Hi Anna:

I can tell you that I love the Massa Americana or any of the fondant and gumpaste from Albert Uster. They are certainly worth the price in my mind. I tried and got frustrated because it dried out n me way too fast. Then my cake decorating instructor turned me on to Albert Uster products such as the Massa Americana, White Chocolate and Dark Chocolate fondant and also the gumpaste. I wouldn't go back to anything else. Both products ( fondant and gumpaste ) roll out smooth and don't dry out as fast as the . They also taste fantastic too.

Also if you don't have a local cake shop that carries the product you can order direct from Albert Uster's website and if you purchase anything over $195.00 then shipping is free. Otherwise you pay $25.00 in shipping.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the info, I don't have a local supplier for this fondant, I'll have to get it form AU.. Can I color the White chocolate fondant? How does it hold coloring?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%