Not Bad, Michael's...

Decorating By DLo912 Updated 14 May 2010 , 12:34am by kathy164

DLo912 Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 8

So, I went into Michael's yesterday for various caking items and noticed that they are doing a slightly better job of accomodating baker's needs by livening up the baking aisle. They have also started carrying Duff's new line of products. I balked at the price (though I know it was previously mentioned in other posts) but was curious, so I used the 40% off coupon and bought some of the fondant... It's pretty nice, a liiiiittle gooey but not bad to work with.

I hope this is a sign of even better things to come at Michael's and that they will continue to introduce a wider range of baking items!

7 replies
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 8

Me too. I don't know how other Michael's stores operate but the one that we have is VERY limited on cake supplies. Our Hobby Lobby is much better stocked in that department. The cake decorating asile at our Michael's is tiny. icon_lol.gif The one at Hobby Lobby is three times it's size.

DLo912 Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 8

The one here has a wide range of Wilton products and they are usually pretty well stocked on things (i.e. cake boards, tips, colorings, pans, tools, etc). They know me by name in that place : ) Lol. The Hobby Lobby is about 35 mins from me wheras the Michael's is only about 15 and our Hobby Lobby's baking aisle is almost non-existent, so Michael's usually wins. It makes me sad because I hear about all the awesome things people get at their Hobby Lobbys! Hopefully, your Michael's will up their game!

andreamen1 Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 8

i was just about to post something to about micheals i went to day and i freaked out because i had just bought the flower petal and hexagon cake pans and now they stock them there i could of saved some money with my coupons as for the duff fondant i think it alright i dont like the fact that it takes some time to dry.

revel Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 8

My sister bought some of Duff's fondant and found a finger of a glove in it! So for some reason i just can't bring myself to try it! LOL!

mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by revel

My sister bought some of Duff's fondant and found a finger of a glove in it! So for some reason i just can't bring myself to try it! LOL!

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif For real??

Joyfull4444 Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:18am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by revel

Gak! That'd be the first & last time buying that stuff ever! I bet it was one of those rubbery finger cots that cover bandaids. Ugh! I can remember reading in the paper about someone finding a finger cot in their bowl of soup. That is soooo not nice! icon_surprised.gif

kathy164 Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:34am
post #8 of 8

I was at our Michaels 2 days ago and they were re-doing the whole cake decorating aisle. I am anxious to go see what it looks like now. I am hoping they got new items in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%