Logo Outline - Help!!!!!!!!

Decorating By KASCARLETT Updated 13 May 2010 , 8:20pm by KASCARLETT

KASCARLETT Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 9

How do you do a Logo with FBCT when it is all basically an outline? No color to it at all. Will the FBCT work with something like that?

This is for a cake for this weekend! I was going to do a chef's hat outline at first, which would have been okay, but we decided to do his restaurant's logo last night instead, now I just have to figure out how to do it! lol I'm not very good at freehanding! icon_sad.gif

8 replies
KASCARLETT Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 9

Nobody knows?

mazz Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 9

Can you post the logo so we can see what the logo you are talking about looks like. It might help with an answer.

PattyT Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 9

Outline the logo - then fill in with the same color as the cake frosting....it will "appear" to be an outline?

KASCARLETT Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry, here is the logo. It's all outline, that's what I am really concerned about. I can do the circle and "long" part, but I'm worried that if I trace the outline, freeze it then try to cover it with more icing (white), it may smear the outline. If I can't figure it out, I may have to just do the pinprick method. I was really trying to avoid doing that.

Maybe I can just "wing" it by doing the center of it and handwriting the words.

KASCARLETT Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 9

dang! my attachment didn't work! hold on....

KASCARLETT Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 9

trying again...

jenng1482 Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 9

Here's how i do pics like that: Make a couple of copies of the size you need. Cut apart the picture almost like a puzzle. After the buttercream has crusted, lay one piece at a time in place on the cake and tap lightly into the icing. Carefully peel off and repeat with the next piece. They will leave impressions to pipe over. HTH!

KASCARLETT Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you jenng1482! that does help, I didn't think of cutting it like that, that would make it easier!

Quote by @%username% on %date%