Stacked Wedding Cakes

Decorating By threetiercake Updated 13 May 2010 , 6:30pm by threetiercake

threetiercake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threetiercake Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 5

I am making my first fondant covered stacked cake. Can someone advise me what I should do to prevent the icing being ripped off when the cakes are separated for cutting. Do I put something between the cake board and the cake beneath i.e parchment paper. Also, do I put a little Royal icing between the cake and the board of the cake above as well as when attaching each cake to its board. Would really appreciate some advice from all you experts !!

[/i]

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 5

I've never had cake to rip the icing off on the tier underneath. I do cut a piece of wax paper or parchment paper the same size as the cakeboard to place between the cake and the tier it's resting on.

I don't know if you saying that you're planning on using royal icing between tiers or not but that's NOT a good idea. You will have sticking for sure if you do this. The only thing that needs to be between the top tier and the bottom tier (or 2nd, 3rd etc.) is cakes and cakeboard. And of course the piece of wax paper that will be under the cakeboards.

Hope I explained this well enough for you to get what I'm saying. icon_lol.gif

threetiercake Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the advice ,its just that I read somewhere that if you put a little blob of royal icing between the cake and its board, it helps prevent slipping

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 5

Yes. The cakeboard that the bottom cake of your tier sits on but NOT between tiers. I never do this though and I have never had a cake to slip.

threetiercake Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the advice ,its just that I read somewhere that if you put a little blob of royal icing between the cake and its board, it helps prevent slipping

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%