Cake Boards!!!! Help!!!

Decorating By v-rock605 Updated 14 May 2010 , 4:20pm by KHalstead

v-rock605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
v-rock605 Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 7

I am replicating or attempting to replicate a topsy turvy wedding cake and the original cake board is white, it's not covered in fondant. its smooth, white and has little crosses on the edge. I'd like to know if anyone knows where i can get these, i've tried where i get my baking supplies and online. NOTHING!!! someone pls HELP!!!!

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 7

most likely it's a white foil cake drum

Try googling "white cake drum" and see what you get! There are millions of places to get them and generally they'll be a couple dollars each1

v-rock605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
v-rock605 Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 7

icon_surprised.gif( I have and all i get is the white floral cake drum..... i'll keep trying i still have 3 weeks to go.... I feel like crying
Thanks so much for your help.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 7

I can't tell if you're looking for white drums that are embossed with textured foil or if only smooth will do. Try Viking Imports http://www.vikingimporting.com/index.php?cPath=146&osCsid=84d31a29d7470da92f995900a05a25d6 if this is what you're talking about. Otherwise, you could use multiple cardboard circles taped together for the thickness needed and cover with plain white wrapping paper or freezer paper. (since the wrapping paper isn't foodsafe, you'll need to have your cake on its own circle so it won't actually be touching the wrap.)

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 7

can you share the ones you're talking about OP?

LilaLoa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilaLoa Posted 14 May 2010 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 7

little crosses on the edge? Like grosgrain ribbon perhaps? You could take 3-4 waxed cake boards (smooth, white, and shiny) and glue them together and then glue the white grosgrain ribbon around the edge. I love that look.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 May 2010 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 7

do you have the photo of it?? that would help a LOT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%