Cricut

Decorating By pinkchef1217 Updated 23 May 2010 , 3:50am by NYCupcakeCo

pinkchef1217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkchef1217 Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone used the cricut machine for cutting letters out of fondant or gumpaste?

Im looking at getting one but want to make sure it actually will work before purchasing.

Cutting numbers and letters by hand that are uniform takes wayyyyy to much time lol

THanks to anyone that can help =]

6 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 7

There are lots of posts here on the cricut , yes it does letters and numbers from 1 inch - 24 inches I believe. I just got mine and haven't had much play time but it does it all. The main thing is getting the fondant or gumpaste just so that's the tricky part.

pinkchef1217 Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 7

did you get the cricut cake or just a cricut??

debster Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 7

I started with the regular personal cricut then couldn't decide to get the expression or the cake, I went with the cake and I think it's a better choice if your going to use it mostly for caking.

pinkchef1217 Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 7

now do you have to use that icing paper or can you just use rolled out fondant or gumpaste.

debster Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 7

I've used both , gumpaste works best for me because it dries quicker.

NYCupcakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCupcakeCo Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:50am
post #7 of 7

I just got my cricut cake a few days ago and it cuts letters and numbers wonderfully. I was reading thru the booklet and learned that you can use any cartridge cricut makes in the cricut cake. I think that alone makes it worth the money. With all the cartridges that are out the possibilities are endless. Whoever thought of this is a genius! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%