New To Forums And Wanted To Show Off Cake!

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 13 May 2010 , 4:57pm by kake4me2

crkrjax_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crkrjax_76 Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 4

I have just started making and decorating cakes. I'm sort of winging this on my own, with the help of the internet!! I finished this cake yesterday, and was very proud of it! I was going to give it to someone as a gift, but I had problems with the powdered sugar sticking to the black fondant, so I sprayed it very lightly with cooking spray. I was afraid it would taste funny, so I cut it last night! I've gotten some tips with the shortening, so I'm going to attempt another cake tonight!

3 replies
love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 4

Great job, keep up the good work. Another thing you can do to get the powdered sugar off the fondant is to brush it with vodka or use a steamer on the cake.

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 4

First of all welcome to CC! Great job for your first cake! I know that I've gotten a lot of help and tips here on CC from the other fabulous members. Good luck and looking forward to more pictures of your cakes!

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 4

This is THE website for beginners...I still consider myself a beginner (after about 3 years of home baking) and continue to learn so much from this site on an almost daily basis (it's addicting!)

Glad you found us!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%