New To Forums And Wanted To Show Off Cake!

Decorating By crkrjax_76 Updated 13 May 2010 , 4:57pm by kake4me2

crkrjax_76 Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 4

I have just started making and decorating cakes. I'm sort of winging this on my own, with the help of the internet!! I finished this cake yesterday, and was very proud of it! I was going to give it to someone as a gift, but I had problems with the powdered sugar sticking to the black fondant, so I sprayed it very lightly with cooking spray. I was afraid it would taste funny, so I cut it last night! I've gotten some tips with the shortening, so I'm going to attempt another cake tonight!

3 replies
love2makecakes Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 4

Great job, keep up the good work. Another thing you can do to get the powdered sugar off the fondant is to brush it with vodka or use a steamer on the cake.

adamsmom Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 4

First of all welcome to CC! Great job for your first cake! I know that I've gotten a lot of help and tips here on CC from the other fabulous members. Good luck and looking forward to more pictures of your cakes!

kake4me2 Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 4

This is THE website for beginners...I still consider myself a beginner (after about 3 years of home baking) and continue to learn so much from this site on an almost daily basis (it's addicting!)

Glad you found us!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%