How Many Cupcakes...

Baking By Rachel5370 Updated 13 May 2010 , 4:49pm by Rachel5370

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing cupcakes for a wedding with 140 guest. 3 different flavors. It seems like there should be a few extra, but will the fact that some guests may not show or have a cupcake offset this? I was thinking 10-20 extra just to make sure... What do you think? It just seems like it's easier with cake because it's more "adjustable"! There are no other desserts and the bride and groom have a mini cake to cut. Thankyou, Rachel

4 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 5

If there's no other desserts I'd maybe make 10 extra but I don't think you'd need more than that....

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 5

There seems to be varying answers to this question, as here in Australia we make the exact ammount the Bride asks for. Due to the number of RSVP's recieved.
Indydeb and i had this similar conversation in anoither thread a month or so ago.

I did a wedding consult this week and altho the Wedding isn't for another 3 and a half months the Bride has asked for X ammount of cipcakes.
Should there be any left over due to some guests not arriving (for whatever reason) she said her parents will just take the extras home at the end of the evening.

Has the Bride asked and have you quoted her for 140 cupcakes? - if so - thats how many i would make.

I always ask for an exact number - that way i can confirm my price and know what i am doing for that order.

LOL - i did do a wedding for 420 cupcakes and the day before i recieved a phone call asking "can you quickly make another 50 the same as the 420" -
Sorry, i don't do 50 wedding cupcakes all matching *quickly* was my reply........plus i needed my sleep after finihsing the 420th cupcake lolll
Thought it hilarious that all of a sudden the day before a wedding that anyone could find another 50 guests - icon_confused.gif

Bluehue

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 5

I just had a wedding with three flavors of cupcakes and a 6 in cake for cutting. The guest count was 200 (complicated by the fact that it was "open" to our church folks). The bride and groom ordered 240 total and about 40 cupcakes or so were left for the families to take home. I agree with Kitagrl and stick with just a few over the guest count.

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 5

That's what I was thinking too- just a few extra. I am not sure whether she invited 140 or 140 RSVP'd. People don't RSVP these days, but that's a whole other forum!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%