Help, On Blowing Confetti Out Of Cake Please.

Decorating By LisaKM Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 3:13am by ATL_Cakes

LisaKM Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 7

How do I build this? I was at the Washington Sugar art show and one of the demonstrators used a portable air pump used for blowing up bike tire that blew confetti out of the center of a cake? I am sure there is a topic on this. I was unable to locate it. Thank you.

6 replies
nancyg Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 7

that sounds sooo cool. Hope you get your answer!

KHalstead Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 7

what about using pvc pipe as a central support lowering each cake over top of it, then have a hole in the bottom of the cake drum/board for the hose to be inserted into the pvc pipe, fill pipe with confetti, and then everytime you PUMP it should blow some of it up and out of the top of the cake!

lilyankee5688 Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 7

i've seem similar ideas on TV.. they usualy build a structure out of PVC that the cake is built around... then probably put the confetti down in the PVC and at one end just pumped air in it making the confetti blow out the top.... just a thought.. not sure if that is really how it is done..

sweetflowers Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 7

Was that Susan Carberry that did it? She has an instructional video for a new years eve cake that does that very thing.

LisaKM Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetflowers

Was that Susan Carberry that did it? She has an instructional video for a new years eve cake that does that very thing.

Yes, it was. I can't believe I didn't remember that she doing it.

Thank you for the help on the PVC pipe. That makes sense. I still don't understand where in line does the air pump come in. Is it put in the pipe, and how do you adjust or rebuild the air pump?

ATL_Cakes Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:13am
post #7 of 7

Did you ever do this cake? If so, did you find the tutorial? I'm going to make one for the company that I work for in December for our anniversary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%