Meeting With Customers

Business By Cakelayer Updated 16 May 2010 , 2:04am by Cakelayer

Cakelayer Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 4

For those who share kitchens, where do you meeting with customers to show them photos or do samplings?

DianaJJ

3 replies
KHalstead Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 4

I don't share a kitchen, but I'm a home-based business and I don't meet with people in my home since generally there are 3 kids here!! It's easier for me to either go to them (at their house) or meet with them somewhere else.

I worked with a local party store here, so I hold consultations and tastings at their storefront, but I've also met with customers at restaurants, coffee shops, etc. Generally when we're discussing a tasting, I find out where they are and offer to either come to them or meet somewhere in the middle.

Nobody ever finds it odd,I also will say....why don't we meet for coffee HERE....and then when we get there I offer to buy them a cup of coffee.

Recently I had a BTB want to meet at a restaurant and her and her mother bought ME lunch and then cut me a check for the cake on the spot too!

If you meet at a restaurant they usually frown upon outside food, so in those instances I just box up the samples nicely with a ribbon and let the Bride take them with her.

Works for me!

lisamenz Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 4

I do share a kitchen. But sometimes its very busy and you can't meet there if she is busy catering. I meet all my clients at Barnes and Noble coffee shop. Its in a great, safe location. It works very well. Plus I can keep up with all the new trends by reading the new cake book magazines. It really is a great place to meet. Hope this helps. icon_lol.gif

Cakelayer Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:04am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the terrific suggestions...I really appreciate the advice!

DianaJJ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%