Letters On Wire

Decorating By lauralee422 Updated 13 May 2010 , 6:59pm by lauralee422

lauralee422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralee422 Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 5

HI ALL!! I hope I can explain this right. I want to attach a sqare of fondant to jewelery wire to spell out a name.. I am going to stencil out letters, put them on each square and then of course line them up so they spell the birthday names. Here is my issue-- how do u stick the wire into the fondant and be sure that the square faces outward? In my experience, any time I put something on jewelery wire, the weight of the fondant can spin around the item, so I wouldn't be sure that the letters would face forward. Does this make sense? My cake is due this weekend so I may just foget the whole idea. I jsut feel like it would make the cake.

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 5

I spelled out a name on a birthday cake using fondant flowers. (The "Avery" cake in my photos). My wires are cut pretty short but they stayed in place. I didn't have any trouble with mine spinning or slipping.

lauralee422 Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! Those look great. I guess Im wonderign the order of things then... did you create the letters very thick and then wait till it hardened a little, then put the wire thru it? or, did you make two shapes and put one on the bottom of the wire and one on the top? Maybe I'm over thinking this..........

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 5

I made them out of gumpaste (was in a hurry for them to dry) and yes I did make them pretty thick. I waited for them to dry a bit then stuck the wire in.

lauralee422 Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 5

ok, makes sense! I'm going to give it a try thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%