Need Help With Sponge Bob Cake....

Decorating By artgal Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 7:57pm by artgal

artgal Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:58pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone out there have any tips on making a rectangular tall cake ie; sponge bob, and how do I support it from falling over? He will be sitting with his feet out, but I am baffled on how to support his body. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
cookingmama75 Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 6

Hi artgal....I to am doing a sponge bob cake for my niece next month..So hope i can help you...
http://cakefixation.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-make-sitting-spongebob-cake.html
I found this really helpful to me planning how to go about constructing spongebob and it gives clear pics to show how to support him
Hope this helps
Mandy

artgal Posted 14 May 2010 , 12:43am
post #3 of 6

Wow, thank you cookingmama75! That helped. The one thing I'm concerned about is when this is shipped that it doesn't topple over. The cake she made was sturdy but still doesn't address tipping over in travel. But the stacking with dowels and two separate cakes makes sense. Thank you very much.

cookingmama75 Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 6

Im going to be having the same problem(Transporting the cake 20miles)...So i kinda guessed to combat spongebob toppling over,I am going to put a cake board the same size against the back of the cake "standing up"...Then gently lower spongbob on his back "Cake board will still be under him at this stage"...Then when i get to the venue i would lift the board and spongebob upright again...then attach the final things...Im pretty confeident this will work...Fingers crossed..got 2 weeks until i find out if it all works out! LOL...I will post pics when its all over and would love to see pics of your spongebob too
Good luck (for the both of us)
Mandy x

artgal Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 6

Hope all goes well with yours. I will post pics also and if I figure something out, I will let you know. My cake is for the 23rd of May.

artgal Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 6

Well, here it is, the people were very happy with it and I was pleased too. No problem with delivery!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%