Fbct

Decorating By nokddng Updated 13 May 2010 , 2:53pm by nokddng

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there,

I think I may try this technique on a cake that I need to bake in 2 weeks. I plan to practice this weekend and see how it turns out. My question is..how to you print a reverse image of the image you're going to use?? Where exactly on the print function is this? I've looked and looked. Maybe I'm just missing it.

Thanks!!

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there,

In my photoshop program, I bring it up under Edit, then under Image, choose Rotate. Then flip horizontal and print it out. Then you put it on a board with a piece of wax paper taped on top and ice away!

I have done a few of these now and learned some tips. Yes, do a practice one - my first one was not very good. It ran. I did not do the back thick enough. I used the black Wilton icing to outline (#2 tip) and let it dry a bit and that worked well. Also, I used IndyDebi icing for the rest. If you need any more advice PM me! Good luck!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 4

whenever I print from any program, I choose [print]........then go into [properties], then click on the tab above that says [basic] and check the box next to [mirror image] and then PRINT

nokddng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nokddng Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

Oh my gosh! As I thought..it was staring right in front of my face! If this comes out decent I will post a pic.

Thanks to all! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%