Bettercreme??

Decorating By kimkake Updated 13 May 2010 , 11:44pm by southernswthrt

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:40am
post #1 of 7

I'm kind of new - and could someone please let me know what bettercreme is?? I see it in recipes I would like to try.
thanks so much!!

6 replies
mrsdizney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdizney Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 7

It has consistency and taste of whipped cream, but does not need to be refridgerated.
HTH,
Julie

kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 7

it's awesome for fillings since it doesn't need to be refridgerated. I add choc pudding mix to it for choc mousse, peanut butter.....all kinds of things! I don't frost cakes with it though because it doesn't crust, but it sure is a wonderful filling. I use the liquid that needs to be whipped and have never been disappointed!! Give it a try, it really is great.

LindaB2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaB2010 Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 7

I did a search for a recipe, but nothing came up. Can you tell me what goes into bettercreme.

Thanks
Linda

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 7

Bettercream is something you order from Rich's. Just google Rich's Bettercream and you'll find a link.

Unless you're fine with getting it prewhipped, Sam's Club sells the stuff in large buckets frozen. You have to go back to the bakery to get it. I would probably go with unwhipped ordered online though to be honest. You'd have better control over how the finished product turns out.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 7

its not something you make, you buy it from the big grocery stores i think, or can you order it online?
xx

southernswthrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernswthrt Posted 13 May 2010 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 7

I'd like to know where to order it online...doesn't appear you can buy it on Rich's website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%