Cricut Cake Question

Decorating By therese379 Updated 15 May 2010 , 1:51am by operacakelady

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 12

I just received my new cricut cake... LOVE IT... I cut out a butterfly and I think the pressure was too high.. It left a cut mark on the mat.. Should I keep the pressure on med or low. The fondant was 1/8 inch thick... thanks therese

11 replies
Onome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Onome Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 12

The same thing happened to me too. I think we need to reduce the pressure.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by therese379

I just received my new cake... LOVE IT... I cut out a butterfly and I think the pressure was too high.. It left a cut mark on the mat.. Should I keep the pressure on med or low. The fondant was 1/8 inch thick... thanks therese

yes this happen to me too, i did lower the pressure and it happen again I hope someone else can help us.

therese379 Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 12

conchita and onome, I was looking at your cakes they are beautiful.. nice work.. let's hope we get answer's soon... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

rltmeng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rltmeng Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 12

I have the expression, not the cricut cake, but it does score the mat, I am pretty sure that is what it is supposed to do. Your mat will very very marked up. HTH

therese379 Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 12

rltmeng, thanks for the reply.. I thought I was doing wrong... do you know how long the mat will last.. Is it ok to use if really scratched??? thanks therese

rltmeng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rltmeng Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 12

Hi Therese, I am not sure how long the mat will last, I remember other cc'ers talking about it in other forum posts, but I can't remember how long it lasts. You may want to try and do a search in the forums, but I know it can be tricky and time consuming to find the info you are looking for. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Lisa

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 12

keep this in mind P2 S3
I just got mine this sunday for mother's day.... and after a lot of research... pressure 2 speed 3.. works like a charm and make sure u freeze ur paste.... it sayd 5 minutes... but I leave it 30 seconds and I have no problem with it....

I did notice some of the letters if they are too thin.... getting jagged edges but I will be receiving an email with the cricut gumpaste recipe (it's specifically made for cricut)

hth

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:15am
post #9 of 12

I use the cricut all the time for scrapbooking and now for cakes. The mat will get very marked up but that is normal and it will last for a long time. I've had my cricut for 2 years and am just now having to replace the mat. Not from cuts though. The edges are starting to bend a little and it takes a few tries to feed into the machine properly...don't know why.

Onome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Onome Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:03am
post #10 of 12

Thanks for the answer. I will keep the pressure and speed in mind.

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:18am
post #11 of 12

I keep my pressure low on my cricut cake, but it is normal for that mat to get marked up, especially using higher pressures, eventually you will need to replace it, but not anytime soon.

operacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
operacakelady Posted 15 May 2010 , 1:51am
post #12 of 12

Ha! Glad i found this thread! I was cursing the Cricut people because it cut my mat 3 times. I will try the settings mentioned though and see if that lessens the problem. I'm having trouble with the more intricate decorations coming out shotty on gumpaste...maybe too thick? or too fast?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%