How To Find Reviews/comments

Decorating By karateka Updated 13 May 2010 , 10:53am by karateka

karateka Posted 12 May 2010 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking all over the internet for negative reviews/comments about my business.

Sounds stupid, but I can't book a wedding to save my life, and I feel there HAS to be a reason, because I've done several....booked a number of them in previous years, and I can't figure out why I just can't book them now, no matter what I do. My theory is that somewhere there is a negative review or comment in a blog or on a wedding site somewhere...

I've searched using the business name and "reviews" and searched wedding blogs....I can't find anything.

Can any of you think of any search tips or tricks that could help me find stuff? My DH has promised to help me search but he won't be home until late. I guess I'm not very search engine savvy.

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 6

how are your prices compared to other places in your area?

The way the economy is people seem to be just trying to get what they can for as little as they can.

What's the name of your business? Maybe I can try to search for ya too!

karenm0712 Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 6

I honestly think it is the economy. Your prices are in line with the rest of our area and your work is fabulous!!

karateka Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:51am
post #4 of 6

I hope you are right. I just have this "spidey sense" telling me that something is off.

I have booked 2 tastings 2 months in a row, only to have half cancel, 2 months in a row. Then the other person tastes my cake, says they like it, then books someone else. These tastings don't go any better or worse than others that I actually got the wedding cake booking, so I feel something is...... off.

I may need to research pricing again. I did this about a yr or more ago and raised them to match. I wonder if pricing has gone down? I'd actually be relieved to hear that.

The funny thing is, I'm still getting calls for other celebrations....but can't book a wedding to save my life!

But I'm such a search engine doofus, I can't seem to find anything. Hopefully that's because there isn't anything....but I can't take that for granted. You ever just get that odd feeling that something isn't right? That's where I am.

KHalstead: I'll pm you my business name. Don't want it to come up in a search by a customer with this thread, if you kwim.

CWR41 Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:07am
post #5 of 6

You can set up a Google alert... type in your business name (plus city or state if it's a commonly-used name) and anything that matches your search criteria will be e-mailed to you with the links to read more. You might not find what you're looking for instantly, but anything similar will show up in the alerts. They will keep coming until you get tired of it and choose to turn it off. Sometimes I get alerts that pertain to something that happened years ago and look outdated, so beware--you'll get it all eventually even though you may only want to view what's current.

karateka Posted 13 May 2010 , 10:53am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

You can set up a Google alert... type in your business name (plus city or state if it's a commonly-used name) and anything that matches your search criteria will be e-mailed to you with the links to read more. You might not find what you're looking for instantly, but anything similar will show up in the alerts. They will keep coming until you get tired of it and choose to turn it off. Sometimes I get alerts that pertain to something that happened years ago and look outdated, so beware--you'll get it all eventually even though you may only want to view what's current.

Good idea, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%