Help... My Bc Curdled...

Baking By erilay Updated 12 May 2010 , 11:20pm by erilay

erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 5

I think I overbeat it. I have made it a ton and never had this happen. It is just the basic wilton bc recipe with half high ratio shortning. I found the recipe on Edna's site. I was wondering if you can overbeat it and if it can be salvaged? Any help would be awsome.
I am making this cake for my daughters b-day. I think I was too relaxed when making it. I sat down for lunch with the mixer running. When I was done so was the BC. It is all grainy and curdled looking. I tried to warm it and remix but it got worse. HELP... icon_redface.gif

4 replies
erilay Posted 12 May 2010 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 5

I also heated half of the bc over a dbl boiler gently. I remixed and it now has hard sugar crystals runnig throughout it. Is this garbage now??? Please help asap. I am waisting so much time on this darn BC. THanks so much.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 12 May 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 5

This is American Butter Cream? I think warming it was not the way to salvage it. Better start again.

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

I've done that before with 20 pounds of icing at work. Add HOT water to the mixture and mix on low. When it dissolves, add more powdered sugar to the mix beating on low. It should come back. Mine did. HTH icon_smile.gif

erilay Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the help. I put it in the fridge and when I remixed it the problem seemed to slowely go away. I then added powdered sugar and it seems better. Thank goodness. THanks for your help. Thankful my batch was only about 4lbs. lol icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%