Need Help With Filling Ideas.

Decorating By flutterbytd Updated 13 May 2010 , 2:42pm by flutterbytd

flutterbytd Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 4

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif NEED HELP, I have 2 graduation cakes to do next week, I want to do one with a strawberry cream filling and one with a chocolate cream filling I really need help with some good recipies for fillings. Also a good strawberry cake recipe. PLEASE HELP!!!

3 replies
flutterbytd Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 4

Has anyone tried the Strawberry Mousse filling recipe that is listed on CC . I worried about the filling melting and oozing out under the fondant. icon_smile.gif

jennbrownrigg Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:30am
post #3 of 4

If I want to do a mousse like filling that's more stable, I use a pkg of dream whip and whip that till it's almost fully whipped, then I add one pkg (4serving size) of pudding in the flavour of my choice. I don't know if they have strawberry pudding but I have added vanilla pudding with a few spoonfuls of homemade seedless strawberry jam and whipped it all together. It turned out a great consistentsy, a great flavour and good & stable.

For a strawberry cake, I've added a dram bottle of the lorianns candy oil and some mashed strawberries to replace some of the milk or liquid in the recipe.

Good Luck!

flutterbytd Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 4

icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif Thank you soooo much for the info, I will try this, it sounds great, fast and easy. I REALLY appreciate the help. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%