Refrigerate Ganache Filled Cake?

Decorating By lea74 Updated 12 May 2010 , 8:04pm by mamawrobin

lea74 Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

I will be making white chocolate ganache (not whipped) filled cake. I want to finish the cake Thursday night, because customer wants to pick it up Friday morning, however cake won't be served until Saturday. Can I refrigerate the cake?? I'm afraid the ganache will get too hard in the fridge. Does it become soft again when it returns to room temperature? Anyone has any experience with this? TIA

5 replies
mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 6

I never refrigerate a ganache covered cake. It will be fine from Thursday night until Saturday left at room tempature. The ganache seals your cake so it will keep it fresh. Ganache isn't suppose to be refrigerated although some say that they do with no problems. I wouldn't though. thumbs_up.gif

lea74 Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your reply...I forgot to mention the cake will be covered in fondant it will only be filled with ganache.

mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea74

Thank you for your reply...I forgot to mention the cake will be covered in fondant it will only be filled with ganache.

I wouldn't even consider refrigeration then. thumbs_up.gif

malakainrop Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 6

Me neither icon_biggrin.gif

BUT.... this has been hashed over and over here and there will be a whole host of people jump on and say.... YOU MUST refirgerate

so - I reckon............... if you can't decide who is right

FLIP A COIN ! icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakainrop

Me neither icon_biggrin.gif

BUT.... this has been hashed over and over here and there will be a whole host of people jump on and say.... YOU MUST refirgerate

so - I reckon............... if you can't decide who is right

FLIP A COIN ! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%