Where To Find Bubble Tea Straws

Decorating By mommybaker602 Updated 4 Dec 2010 , 2:51pm by sccandwbfan

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:53pm
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyM

I was at our Walmart Neighborhood grocery store (not super walmart) the other day and saw milkshake straws. They looked about the same width as a bubble tea straw would be but I'm not sure if they are as sturdy. Has anyone seen or tried these?

Actually the ones that I order thru my friends business are called "milkshake straws".

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 14 May 2010 , 3:55pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg

Ok, bubble straw users, how many tiers would you consider safe with the straws????

Would like to try them..... I have also heard that you could shake tapioca pearls in a baggie with pearl dust or luster dust and use them as pearl decorations on cake. Havent found any to try it yet. I am going to try my asian mkt.

I've made 4 tier cakes a couple of times and used the straws. 12/10/8/6. Held just fine for me. I make three tiers 10/8/6 quite often and always use them.

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:29am
post #33 of 36

thanks mamawrobin for the answer. I will give the a try!

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 4:58am
post #34 of 36

bought mine on Ebay

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:53pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreamen1

bought mine on Ebay

I brought some on Ebay too! Haven't got them yet, but I will let you know how it works for me.

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 2:51pm
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyM

I was at our Walmart Neighborhood grocery store (not super walmart) the other day and saw milkshake straws. They looked about the same width as a bubble tea straw would be but I'm not sure if they are as sturdy. Has anyone seen or tried these?

I have some of those and I've used them, but only for small cakes. I can't attest to their sturdiness for anything more than 3 tiers, but they worked perfectly when I used them. icon_smile.gif

Christy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%