Whats The Best Way To Make People

Decorating By MerloCakes Updated 12 May 2010 , 8:05pm by MerloCakes

MerloCakes Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 10

Hi,
Im making an adult cake for this saturday, and I would like to make people figurines. What is the best product to use and best way to make them? Please help me im lost on this one...................

9 replies
tiggerjo Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 10

forgetting your birth control worked for me icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakesbyOma Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 10

Although she doesn't make nude people, going to Lorraine McKay's site would be a good start. She's very good and makes something difficult look rather easy. She also has several tutuorials on YouTube.

MerloCakes Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 10

Worked for me too... LOL.....
But I really need help on this one. I want to use gumpaste but not sure if thats the best thing to use?????? Plus I have never used it before, would I be setting myself up for failure? Is it hard to use??? I use fondant all the time but I have yet to work with gum paste! HELP!!!!

CakesbyOma Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 10

I find gumpaste very easy to work with, also using Lorraine's recipe for it worked much better than the Wilton's gumpaste stuff. Gumpaste is more pliable, plus you can roll it very thin if you need that.

bettinashoe Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 10

Yes, please go to Lorraine's site as she can guide you through the steps. It is better not to use straight gumpaste; fondant mixed with a small amount of tylose is preferred. Good luck. BTW CakesbyOma, I'm my grandchildrens' Oma, too!

UpAt2am Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettinashoe

Yes, please go to Lorraine's site as she can guide you through the steps. It is better not to use straight gumpaste; fondant mixed with a small amount of tylose is preferred. Good luck. BTW CakesbyOma, I'm my grandchildrens' Oma, too!

i call my grandma Oma too! and now my daughters call my mom Oma! i love it! totally off topic, but couldn't help but chime in icon_smile.gif

CakesbyOma Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:43pm
post #8 of 10

I'm Dutch, so my mother was always Oma and now my grandkids all call us Opa and Oma. Helps with the inlaws too, because they are usually Grandpa and Grandma, so the kids can tell us apart. I know totally off topic, but it's surpising what you can learn here. I LOVE being an Oma!

Maria_Campos Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:01pm
post #9 of 10

Chocolate Clay all the way! (or candy clay) it does not dry or crack on you and you can make seams disappear, it firms up nice and hard but can be soften up again.

MerloCakes Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:05pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you everyone for the tips! Im looking forward to seeing what I can do. The videos by Lorraine look great! Ill be posting a picture and let you all know how it went after its done..... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%