Whipped Icing With Drizzled Chocolate??? Help!!!

Decorating By kayliesmom Updated 13 May 2010 , 12:20am by bettinashoe

kayliesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayliesmom Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 6

Ok I have a client that is getting married at the end of June, She is wanting a lemon cake, with CRIMSON RED whipped icing & has requested SPONGEBOB YELLOW chocolate, dripping from each layer. Does anyone know if this will work or if whipped icing will stand up to June heat & humidity in ALABAMA??? Any help or suggestions would be appretiated!!!!

5 replies
sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 6

I don't believe that you'll be able to get whipped a deep red, unless you airbrush it. the yellow will have to be candy melts or something to that effect, unless someone knows how to make a white chocolate fudge frosting, then you might be able to color that and use it. HTH. oh, BTW...RED AND YELLOW?!!!!

kayliesmom Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 6

I know the colors are AWEFUL!!!! I am dreading it! But the whipped icing, won't the warm chocolate cause the whipped icing to run off the cake?

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 6

You will want to freeze the iced cake a few hours and then pour a white chocolate ganache (yellow) over the icing. The coldness of the frozen icing should keep the ganache from running or melting the icing. I worry more about getting the whipped icing red than putting the ganache on the cake. Good luck on that one. You've got to post pictures--why does she want those colors?

kayliesmom Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

Well she is kind of a wierd one, not to mention why do I always get stuck with the wierd ones. LOL. She wants yellow & he wants crimson & I even told her that the red is going to stain everyones mouth & she dont care, she don't eat cake anyways!! I just hate to do this because I know it's going to be so ugly!!!

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:20am
post #6 of 6

If you work at it, you'll be able to get the crimson color with the whipped buttercream. I've done it before (I've also had some real color failures). And if you do the freezing/chilled trick, you'll be ok. I'd return the cake to the freezer (after you put the ganache on it) until the very moment you have to with the humidity and heat of summer. Who knows, it may even turn out to be pretty!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%