Scared For My Baby

Lounge By Karema Updated 13 May 2010 , 3:21am by Mrs-A

Karema Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:47am
post #1 of 15

My baby boy is having surgery today and I'm so nervous. I know that it's simple but it's still my baby. He is having tubes put in his ears and I've been up for hours looking it up online to see if there are any negative repracutions from having the surgery. He is only 9 months old and I don't want to make the wrong decision. He's had three ear infections since he has been born and had acid reflux so the doctor said that the acid has been damaging his ears. I still don't think I want him to have it. I don't know what I should do...

14 replies
dalis4joe Posted 12 May 2010 , 9:28am
post #2 of 15

I know it's hard... even if it's a so called simple procedure but this is your little tiny baby and it's scary... but I urge you to put your trust and heart in God's hands... Give God the control over this procedure and He will make sure all goes well... I will continue to pray for him throughout the morning and for you... try to stay positive and give him all the love you have in you so that he may feel your strength and love...

Again, good luck with this and try to stay calm.. ((BIG HUG)))

springlakecake Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:30am
post #3 of 15

I know it's scary! I had it done for my oldest son. It was done in the morning and by lunchtime it was like we hadnt even been at the hospital. Of course there are always risks involved, but sometimes you have to put your faith in others that they will do what is best for your son. I have great confidence that everything will be just fine.

rosiecast Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 15

So sorry to hear your baby needs surgery. Big hugs for you,

JGMB Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 15

Please tell us all the good news when the baby's back home and fine!

anxietyattack Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 15

I know you're scared. My little boy is about to turn one and my little girl is three. They both came close to having to have tubes in their ears. It's a simple procedure.

My husband had tubes when he was a kid and that was nearly thirty years ago! Think about the progress the medical community has made.

Your baby will be fine. Try not to stress out too much (easier said than done huh?). But remember that your baby can pick up on your feelings and there's no reason to get the baby nervous too right?

icon_smile.gif Hang tough.

Karema Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 15

You all were right! He is just fine. He cake home and was very cranky and cried and then went right to sleep. He just woke up and he is now playing on the floor. Thank you all for the prayers and words of encouragement.

springlakecake Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 15

I *love* how I am not the only one that writes "cake" in place of other similar words....(came)

Glad he is doing fine!

Barb1959 Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:58pm
post #9 of 15

I am also truly happy for you that ev everything turned out great. God Bless! icon_smile.gif

JGMB Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #10 of 15

I'm so relieved for you, Karema . . . I could feel the worry in the words of your original post. Thanks for letting us know that he's doing great!!!!! icon_razz.gif

manahigh Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #11 of 15

Its great that your doctor recognizes the connection between acid reflux and ear infections. So many doctors don't. I have two granddaughters both born with reflux problems and both have had tubes. The older one continued to have ear infections every few weeks (about 10 that first year) but at least her ears were able to drain. the younger one continues but the number and severity has decreased. Hope that your child does well with his tubes.

Loucinda Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:20pm
post #12 of 15

I am just now reading this, and so glad all is well with your little guy. It is hard to see them hurting, no matter what the reason.

tsal Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:14am
post #13 of 15

My nephew had the surgery years ago and there do not seem to be any long-term repercussions. I'm happy to hear that all is well!

JulieMN Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:11am
post #14 of 15

Glad to hear that all went well.

Mrs-A Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:21am
post #15 of 15
Originally Posted by tsal

My nephew had the surgery years ago and there do not seem to be any long-term repercussions. I'm happy to hear that all is well!

i just wanted to chime in that my nephew had this as well geez... about 25yrs ago and hes downs syndrome and hes had no probs whatsoever from them

im glad to hear all went well for both of you - well done mum

Quote by @%username% on %date%