Fondant Help!!!

Decorating By flutterbytd Updated 13 May 2010 , 1:21am by mamawrobin

flutterbytd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flutterbytd Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:48am
post #1 of 5

icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif Can someone tell me what is the best fodandt recipe is to use for covering cakes, PLEASE? All the ones I have tried cracks a splits, and it seems to go real greasy. any ideas anyone. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:57am
post #2 of 5

My "hand down" favorite is Michele Foster's Fondant. The receipe is found in the "most saved" receipes here on cc. It's a high quality fondant that taste awesome. It's so easy to work with. I usually add 8 ounces of white chocolate to mine because it's my favorite flavor. It is also good with just vanilla as flavoring. Some swear by Marshmallow Fondant but I have NEVER had much luck with it myself. Michele's receipe however has been perfect everytime. Well....except for the one time that I didn't strain the gelatin mixture before adding to the powdered sugar. icon_rolleyes.gif If you follow her receipe to a T I guarantee you won't be disappointed. thumbs_up.gif;

EDIT: You should always let fondant rest overnight or for at least 6 hours before using.

jjpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjpow Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:14am
post #3 of 5

im one of those that swears by MM fondant! i use 1 bag mini marshmallows and a 2lb bag od powdered sugar. put the amrshmallows in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. add flavor/color. and mix in the p.s. grease your hands and counter top as you knead in the sugar. the reason some might have problems with this is because they don let it rest long enough. I always let my fondant rest overnight before i roll it out.

flutterbytd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flutterbytd Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:30am
post #4 of 5

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you for all the help I will try these. I love working with fondant, but don't like it when it cracks, again THANK YOU!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:21am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flutterbytd

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you for all the help I will try these. I love working with fondant, but don't like it when it cracks, again THANK YOU!

Just want to say that I've never had an issue with Michele Foster's receipe cracking or any other issue for that matter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%