First Topsy Turvy Cake In The Baking And Cake Broken...

Decorating By karenapple Updated 12 May 2010 , 4:00am by _christina_

karenapple Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:24am
post #1 of 2

This is gonna be my first time making the topsy turvy. No pressure, it's just for practicing. My husband will take some tiers to work after ready, but I'm kind of a perfectionist and I'd like to be great as we always want, right?
So, I'm planing on assemble it on Saturday and started baking the cakes tonight. I just baked 2, one of them is a 7'' and the other is a 10'' and THIS ONE is gonna be the bottom and is the one that is CRACKED. I moved it too early for wrapping it, it was warm yet. My husband said it'll probably be ok as it is the bottom one. Just, I should glue the cracks. It's not just cracks, IT'S ALMOST BROKEN. But it still hasn't separated. It will eventually.
But I'm worried 'cause even though is the bottom layer and the cracks will be hidden, is gonna be the one that's gonna have all the weight on.
So, will it collapse? I know I should probably bake another one, but I have a hand mixer that takes a lot of my little hands with carpal tunnel syndrome making pound cake lol so if I don't bake an extra, is there any way to use this cake in this topsy turvy without risking everything? icon_surprised.gif

1 reply
_christina_ Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:00am
post #2 of 2

Yeah, you'll be fine. Just make sure to either 'glue it with a bit of icing or fill it with icing and make sure the cracked layer is pushed together. Make sure you give it enough time to setup and settle.

Have fun! You'll do great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%