Mike Elder Needs Help Opening A Bakery In Las Angeles

Business By Mike_Elder Updated 12 May 2010 , 4:05am by johnson6ofus

Mike_Elder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike_Elder Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:24am
post #1 of 2

HI FOLKS!!!
Mike Elder Here, 3 time winner of TLC's Ultimate Cake Off... I'm looking for help of any sort!!

I'm planning on moving within the next year to LA and opening a bakery. I've got people willing to invest but I'd rather try it alone! I'm just testing the water and seeing if anyone on here knows of good location, (mod edited for content), just anything that may be of help!!!

I'm a long ways from there and it's hard to get proper inteligence!! Anything you think would help I'd be interested in hearing!
THANKS SO MUCH CAKECENTRAL!!!!!!
mIKE

1 reply
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:05am
post #2 of 2

Hi Mike- Good luck! My two cents as an LA native? Government red tape will kill you and drive you crazy. Worse than ANYWHERE else- LA is NOT very "business friendly" and no one cares. Check, recheck, get it in writing--- because everyone will charge you a fee and trap you for weeks or months in red tape. Beware! And be well funded....

"LA" and all the suburbs are 100 miles across--- so locations vary like crazy. Anything coastal draws tourists, and locals don't mind too much if you get the nice beach weather, to drive out to you. Rents, both the commercial space and residential space will be a shocker.

Best of luck in a new adventure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%