Yet Another Help!!! Need Ideas Thread

Decorating By juleebug Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 3:32am by juleebug

juleebug Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 13

I'm at a loss here. I have a cake due June 5th for a boy whose only interests are Resident Evil movies, Resident Evil video games and..... wait for it....... zombies.
Would be easy enough if I hadn't made his cake last year when his interests were - anyone, anyone? That's right ZOMBIES!
The mother doesn't want anything too bloody or gory.
How do I translate Resident Evil/zombies into another zombie head without it being bloody/gory and without it looking like the same cake?

12 replies
mim1106 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:21am
post #2 of 13

My husband is saying do something with the Umbrella Corporation Logo. No idea what that means, but he is a Resident Evil junkie. He said the kid would know.

juleebug Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks for replying. I thought about doing the Umbrella Corp. logo but Mom wants another zombie head.
I've seen a couple of zombie doberman action figures and I was thinking of maybe doing that (just the head) but I've never done a dog and all the dog cakes I see are cute little dogs like Westies or Poodles.
Anyone have any suggestions how to do a vicious, undead, snarling attack dog? icon_lol.gif

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 13

ok, mom wants another zombie head, and so we're trying to figure out how to make another but not the same from last year?

Butterpatty Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 13

Does it have to be a Zombie head? I have a visual picture of a cake with a handful of Zombies "walking" across it.

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 13

...feel up to making a chainsaw?

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 13

if you could make the cake board to look like the umbrella logo, that'd be sweet too.

juleebug Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 13

Yeah. Mom said another head.

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 13

maybe a head where the skull is slightly removed so we can see brains icon_smile.gif

juleebug Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 13

Personally, I like this one:

But I don't think Mom would go for it (too gory) and I don't think I'm skilled enough to pull it off.

atwistedlime Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:21pm
post #11 of 13

Huge Zombie fan here... If she is set on the head cake the Doberman would rock the kids world! Otherwise you could consider a female zombie... or a specific type of zombie i.e.: zombie that looks like a celebrity? a chef zombie? cop or fireman zombie? little girl zombie?

I will keep thinking and come back if I come up with anything different.

I would think about what type of fun thing you could do with a zombie head. Create a character head. The funniest zombie I ever saw in a movie was a Clown... hysterical. icon_biggrin.gif

good luck with your cake! Would love to see a picture of your final creation! Go Zombies! heh

juleebug Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:22am
post #12 of 13

Thanks for your input, everyone. Let me know if you come up with any more, Leslie.

juleebug Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:32am
post #13 of 13

I finished the cake. I went with the zombie doberman but after discussing it with the parents I decided to make it a dead one because they said he always complains that the dogs are the hardest things to kill in that game. I found a screenshot on the web and decorated the cake board to look like the tiled floor of the lab with bloodstains, etc. I thought the mom would blow a gasket since she told me not to make his cake too gory last year but she said it was "awesome".
Anyway, here's a pic:

Quote by @%username% on %date%