What Kind Of Edible Image Paper?

Decorating By momma28 Updated 12 May 2010 , 1:49pm by Sweet-Sensation-Cakery

momma28 Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:19am
post #1 of 5

Finally getting an edible image printer. What kid of edible paper do you use? Will it blend nicely into fondant? I have seen frosting sheets but one site has sheets that have no backing and you use just like paper without having to peel

Thanks for any info icon_smile.gif

4 replies
leah_s Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:14am
post #2 of 5

Well, there's wafer paper and frosting sheets. I've never seen a frosting sheet without a backing. Where'd you find that?

momma28 Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Well, there's wafer paper and frosting sheets. I've never seen a frosting sheet without a backing. Where'd you find that?

I was doing a google search last night and saw it but now cant find it. Oh well LOL

I do see on the kopkake faq's that they suggest you remove the backing before printing to avoid the image ripping when you try to peel it after printed on. That was my main concern since I had an image printed and it tore while peeling.

leah_s Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 5

I've used various brands of icing sheets. If you can peel KopyKake's off the backing before printing, I wanna see that. Not saying it can't be done, but I wanna see it.

Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 5

there are icing sheets you peel off a sheet and some you don't. The ones you peel or called frosting sheets and the other ones are wafer paper both sold at kopykake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%