Have You Ever Canceled An Order After Deposit Was Received?

Business By love2makecakes Updated 11 May 2010 , 11:02pm by CakeandDazzle

love2makecakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 3

So I took this order a few weeks ago for 6 individual cakes for a grooms dinner that the bride wants placed at each table. she wanted different flavors of cake for each cake and a different theme for each cake. I work all alone and i went against my better judgement and gave her a quote. i sent her drawings (basically flat fondant designs on the top of each cake reflecting the themes she wanted). I waited a week and had not heard anything from her. sent an email today to make sure she received the drawings and she replies with yes, but i was thinking of 3D themes on each cake. i really do not think i can handle this order with 3D themes on each of the 6 cakes and am wondering if i should tell her that i can not do it and give back her deposit? she sent me the deposit without knowing the ideas i had for the cakes. we basically are not on the same page, not to mention her quote would be no good anymore with the design differences.

2 replies
cakesdivine Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 3

You have to do what is comfortable for you. Let her know you dont offer 3d work and see what she says from there. If she more wants you as a baker due to the taste of your cakes she might compromise and then your quote would be good. If not and she decides that she definitely was wanting 3d then give her back her deposit and wish her well.

CakeandDazzle Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 3

quote it to be worth it. If your were charging $1 pers erving for a regular cake, and $2 for 3D charge $5 for these... KWIM?? If its worth it you can do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%