Which Brand Of Petal Dust To Buy?

Decorating By Tabby11 Updated 14 Oct 2013 , 4:44pm by bundlesofjoy

Tabby11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabby11 Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 10

There are many different brands of petal dusts and I have not used them a lot, I was wondering if there was much of a difference with them. I was just curious if anyone had any preferences and why?

9 replies
KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:47am
post #2 of 10

I would love to hear these answers! Thanks for asking.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 10

Bump. Google search brings up this thread. E-Bay has 4g. for $2.29 each which is a good price (I think). But I don't know if I'll get what I pay for..........as in.........buy cheap get cheap.

If you needed to buy dusts today, whom would you buy them from, based on price and strength.

tia

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 10

I recently bought these Petal Craft ones: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZH8VRA/?tag=cakecentral-20

(except I didn't buy them from Amazon, it's so you can see what I'm talking about!). I bought set A and set B. Set C is lustre colours I recall but I don't have so much need for them. I am really happy with the selection of colours you get. I got both sets A and B because I couldn't decide between them. Workability wise, they are very comfortable to use with the palette format, you don't need to have a bunch of little pots around you, and if needed it's just as easy to mix the colours on parchment like you would regular dusts. 

Stitches Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 10

Do you think I could pop the colors apart or out of the compartments? I really like that pricing!! Thanks

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 12:19am
post #6 of 10

AI have convinced myself I have to have this! Look at all of those beautiful colors. :D

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATDLSUY/?tag=cakecentral-20

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 12:55am
post #7 of 10

Crystal colors are the best quality-wise. The colors are richer and you don't need to use as much to get a deeper color. They're more expensive than the average but they go farther so you won't end up spending more money in the long run. They're also FDA approved for food use so you can use them to color icing and fondant. www.sugarpaste.com

Stitches Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 1:44am
post #8 of 10

Thank-you Costumeczar.............that's what I really wanted to know. I'd rather pay more if they go further.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 11:47am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches 

Thank-you Costumeczar.............that's what I really wanted to know. I'd rather pay more if they go further.

they're excellent colors, too...whenever I do anything using the purple one that she makes and post a picture of it people go crazy asking me what color it is. It gives you really true colors that don't fade out, either.

bundlesofjoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bundlesofjoy Posted 14 Oct 2013 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 10

I usually purchase my petal dusts from http://caljavaonline.com/collections/petal-dust :D 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%