Fondant Tutorials?

Decorating By JetaimeCake Updated 11 May 2010 , 10:31pm by BeanCountingBaker

JetaimeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JetaimeCake Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 3

I start school for pastry and baking in July.
I just really want to get some one on one cake decorating help, especially with fondant.

any suggestions? I feel like fondant, somehow, isn't something that I can just teach myself. I need some insight.

2 replies
CakesbyOma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyOma Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, you CAN teach yourself - I did because I'm no where near a culinary school. CC has been a great help. Get a receipe from this site for Marshmallow Fondant, buy some cheap ingredients and just play! Last year I wanted to make a McQueen cake for my grandson's birthday. Had never worked with fondant, so of course the cake was a disaster. Went to Costco for his favourite carrot cake, so the poor kid didn't know any better (was only 2 years old then). This year I decided I would give it another try, but I would learn how first, THEN make the cake. I get more logical the older I get. Fondant is the playdoh for adults. Fool around with crisco if it cracks, cornstarch or PS if it's too gummy and play with it. Experience can be a great teacher. Then if you have any problems, the people on this site are absolutely fantastic! Don't hesitate to ask...

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 3

Lots of videos on Youtube.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%