My New Kitchenaid 6 Pro Arrived Today!!!

Decorating By DebbyJG Updated 12 May 2010 , 6:03pm by cheriej

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 17

It's fire engine red, gorgeous and shiny, and it has that wonderful 6 quart bowl. The size of the beaters and dough hook made me gasp. I think I'm in love.

I just had to share my happiness with others who could relate. icon_smile.gif

16 replies
Jannie92869 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jannie92869 Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 17

Congratulations!! Pics? LOL!

TucsonGina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TucsonGina Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 17

I'm jealous!

cookiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedecorator Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 17

Congratulations!! I got the Professional 600 for Mother's Day a few weeks ago. Mine is bright red too!! I love it!!! Isn't it amazing how much larger the paddle and dough hook are? Have fun!!!!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 17

I just took a look at the 600 on crate and barrel's website. question, can the bowl sit upright by itself if not inside the mixer? or is that bottom completely curved?

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by metria

I just took a look at the 600 on crate and barrel's website. question, can the bowl sit upright by itself if not inside the mixer? or is that bottom completely curved?

Congrats on your purchase! The bowl can sit by itself. I LOVE my Pro600 icon_biggrin.gif

abeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeane Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 17

Congratulations! I just received a KitchenAid 6 Pro for my birthday a few days ago and I've already used it twice- it rocks my world. Still trying to figure out where best to keep it in my closet-sized kitchen....

lorilori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorilori Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 17

Congrats! I would love to upgrade my 4.5 qt. I've had it 20 years and it's still going strong, though! As a hobbyist it's hard for me to justify the cost, but I may just do it anyway and forget about the justification icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy!

jazzimat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jazzimat Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:19pm
post #9 of 17

Ooh!!! I ordered a red one too from Bed Bath and Beyond. I'm waiting for the Fedex guy to bring it to me today. I took the fastest shower ever in case he came then. Still waiting.....

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:34pm
post #10 of 17

Congrats!! I'm waiting for my money from Uncle Sam to be deposited then off to get one myself. I love my Artisan, but my business has grown quickly, and I really need to upgrade. Also, my sister is anxiously waiting to get my little Artisan. They did not have the red one at the store, but I am only 30-45 minutes away from KA center in Greenville, Oh.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #11 of 17

You are such an enabler! I read your thread, and went to qvc web site. They have the 6 qt one on 4 monthly payments until 5-12-10, so I got it, too! I've had the little Kitchen Aid for around 24 yrs, and it's never given me a moment's problem. I love KA mixers!

cakeglitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeglitz Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:14pm
post #12 of 17

I just got one for my birthday too!! I used it over the weekend for the first time. WOW it is awesome!! I can't wait to use it again. One quick question...mine has the pour spout that is supposed to fit onto the mixing bowl. I know it sounds crazy but I can't get mine to fit on correctly...any suggestions? It didn't come with anything to attach it with.

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:00pm
post #13 of 17

Thanks everyone for sharing in my joy! icon_smile.gif

I'll be using it for the first time this afternoon when I start making a few double batches of buttercreme. I will have 6 tiers of cake to make for this weekend (my first wedding cake, actually, and it's a doozy - 4 tiers, plus I have an additional 2 tier birthday cake that was SUPPOSED to just be 24 cupcakes but it got upgraded...**after** I'd booked the wedding cake, which itself was supposed to be just 3 tiers but more guests than expected started to RSVP...so now I'm going to be really booking it starting tomorrow/Bake Day!!!)

So in other words, I am NOT breaking my new KA in slowly!!!! LOL!

I got mine from the KitchenAid website; it's a refurbished model, which made the price REALLY affordable. I could have never justified the price otherwise. icon_smile.gif
BTW, I'm in Ohio too. Too bad they don't give a "keepin' it local" discount. icon_wink.gif

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyJG

Too bad they don't give a "keepin' it local" discount. icon_wink.gif

This is a very good idea icon_biggrin.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:31pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyJG

It's fire engine red, gorgeous and shiny, and it has that wonderful 6 quart bowl. The size of the beaters and dough hook made me gasp. I think I'm in love.

I just had to share my happiness with others who could relate. icon_smile.gif

Congrats! I know what you mean by loving the color. I could not resist getting the 90th anniversary candy apple red KA. I love how it looks in my kitchen. It is the only red thing there, but it fits so well.

And it sounds like you are going to give a great work out.

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:51pm
post #16 of 17

I purchased one two years ago , mine is black I am hoping they will come out with a 7or8 quart. I love it.,

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:03pm
post #17 of 17

I have a 5qt KA but I have hesitated getting the 6qt. The bowl looks unwieldy to use and getting the bowl on and off the stand looks difficult especially if the bowl is full. My sister has one and hates it and put it in her garage. She has offered to give it to me for free if I want it. I wondered if anyone has used any of the 7qt mixers I've seen out there. Is it better to go to a larger size with a different bowl set up? I have to make large quantities sometimes of cupcakes, cookies or larger cakes so I'm trying to figure it out before I put out some serious cash.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%