How To Get Hot Pink Fondant To Taste Good?

Decorating By Penscakes Updated 12 May 2010 , 7:21pm by mamawrobin

Penscakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 7

I want to make a cake using bc icing and fondant in hot pink. I used Americolor and Wilton colors but it tastes horrible. How do I make this cake so people can eat it?

6 replies
leah_s Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 7

You buy pre-colored SatinIce. it comes in hot pink and tastes like vanilla.

LeckieAnne Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 7

I've made the ultimate MMF recipe on here with just Wilton's rose color - I think it was plenty "hot pink", and it tasted fine. That version of MMF is flavored with vanilla, lemon juice and lemon extract and tastes fine.

mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:21am
post #4 of 7

Are your colors old? I use Wilton Rose to make hot pink and it taste just fine. icon_confused.gif

Penscakes Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your help. I just bought the electric pink (Americolor) and rose (Wilton). I used the electric pink and no one could eat it, it was horrible. I haven't used the rose yet. Should I just use a little? I made the MMF from the receipe I found on here.

jamiekwebb Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 7

If you want you can use the pink marshmallow when making the MMf and just add a little more pink color. That's what I do.. it also adds a nice hint of strawberry taste.

mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penscakes

Thanks for your help. I just bought the electric pink (Americolor) and rose (Wilton). I used the electric pink and no one could eat it, it was horrible. I haven't used the rose yet. Should I just use a little? I made the MMF from the receipe I found on here.

You should add a little at a time until you get the shade you want. It really doesn't take alot to get a nice deep color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%