Who Has Used The Cake Wheel??

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 12 May 2010 , 2:50pm by Lcubed82

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

Hey y'all!!

I know, I'm a little behind the times here, but I just got introduced to the cake wheel turntable thingy by Christine. Who has used it and what are your thoughts on it?

5 replies
cookiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedecorator Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 6

I just checked out their web site. It looks fantastic but it's a bit pricey.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 6

Much too expensive---sorry.

JMHO
Rae

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 6

That's kind of what I was thinking. I use the 5lb Satin Ice buckets to put the cake on top so it's raised and I can cover with fondant and get underneath -- never had a problem with that!! (and it's MUCH cheaper.) Thanks all! icon_biggrin.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:05am
post #5 of 6

I think the cost needs to be viewed as an investment. If you are a professional that makes lots of cakes, and it allows you to be more productive, then it's worth whatever the price. If it simplifies the work or time involved to do only one wedding cake, the purchase price of the cake wheel is probably less than half of what most charge for that one cake.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 6

I usually just pull an appropriate size can from the pantry, and put it on my Lazy Susan. Green beans, shortening, etc, have enough weight to work well. I also had DH cut me some boards to move some heavy sheet cakes, which would be similar to her large board.
For a professional kitchen, it looks great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%