Thank You To Everyone At Cc

Decorating By CakesbyOma Updated 12 May 2010 , 8:20pm by ladyk333

CakesbyOma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyOma Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif I have just started making fancy cakes because I now have granchildren and the time to do it. I have to thank everyone on this site for all the help, hints and how to's. You are all so generous with sharing your knowledge and I appreciated it so much, I just had to join to say thanks. Maybe one day I can contribute a hint or two... Also, here is a pic of the first difficult fondant cake I made for a "do-it-yourself" type of bride to be, who does her own painting, plumbing and hardwood flooring. Couldn't get her hair the way I wanted but had to use a garlic press as I don't have the tool yet. Love some comments...

9 replies
tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 10

welcome to the world of caking. I agree with you about the helpfulness of this site. everyone is great. your picture did not post.

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 10

Hi! I'm in Alberta too, St. Albert to be exact! What a kind message - you're right, I've gotten so much help here too. I wasn't able to find your picture, although I'd love to see it. Maybe check to see if you posted it correctly.

Good luck with all your "caking"!

CakesbyOma Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 10

So sorry, will try to post the pic again. Can't figure out what I did wrong, but here we go....

I guess the pixels are too high to post. Anyone know how I reduce them so I can post this pic?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 10
CakesbyOma Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks FlourPots. Think I've got the pic reduced enough now that I can post the cake I was talking about earlier - the garlic press cake... Any comments, suggestions, etc would be welcomed. Thanks
LL

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:09pm
post #7 of 10

Great job...I love all the details...I LOVE the boxes of wood flooring!!

(If you click on the second red X that appears everytime a picture is posted in the forums, you can see it even bigger...)

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 10

I think you did an awesome job and as a woman who laid her own hard wood floors, I can appreciate the details you put in with the boxes....so adorable!!!

CakesbyOma Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks FlourPots, it was fun doing all the details for this cake. Now I'm busy making penguins and doggies for two grandkid's b-cakes. Thank you for the kind words

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 10

It's your St.Albert neighbor here! What a great job you did! Very creative, and I think The hair is awesome. I broke my garlic press doing the same thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%