Filigree Wrappers

Baking By Katiebelle74 Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm by jlynnw

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I LOVE the look of cupcake wrappers (no I do not own a cricut can't make my own). But my question is.... has anyone really had any luck selling these on orders? Usually the people who buy cupcakes do not care to spend the extra 1.50 per cupcake for a fancy filigree liner. Just wondering what experiences everyone else has had???

4 replies
sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 5

Hi. Just booked a wedding order with these wrappers. They will only be on the cupcakes that are part of the "cake" display... not for the 250 cupcakes to be brought out for all guests... the bride felt that this would make the cupcakes seem more like a wedding and less like a birthday party.

I personally would find it hard to sell the wrapper for anything other than a wedding since their price is just too high on a per piece basis.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 17 May 2010 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 5

I agree on the high price of these. They are beautiful though, but people just don't want to pay that for a piece of paper. I used white snowflake ones for my daughter's birthday back in December. I noticed one of her friends took the wrapper home to have her sister look at it... I guess she figured her sister could copy it..... Oh, well..I have a wedding coming up that will have wedding cake on top, and cupcakes on the lower levels. I might use wrappers for them.... if not... I'll use ribbon around the cupcakes in wedding colors, and some flowers here and there.

MrsL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsL Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #4 of 5

My best friend did cupcakes for a bridal shower, and she made cupcake wrappers out of paper doilies she found at the dollar tree. She just looked up a template for cupcake wrappers online to get the size right, then cut them and put them around the paper liner that she baked the cupcakes in after they had cooled. It might take a little while to do this depending on how many cuppies you make, but it's SO much cheaper than buying the filigree wrappers, and they turned out beautiful

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 5

I googled cupcake wrappers and found some places online that sould the wrapppers in bulk quite inexpensively. My daughter wanted a scroll look for her gradution. The cupcake wrappers for 100 were under $20 for all of them. Yes it does add a bit of expense overall but she did love the finished cupcake tower.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%