Sweet Buttercream Coffee Creamer

Baking By jemchina Updated 12 May 2010 , 1:02am by AnnieCahill

jemchina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemchina Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 3

I recently picked up a bottle of this special edition flavor. I immediately thought would taste great for a buttercream recipe.

But I'm wondering if I could also add it to the cake batter. Has anyone used these flavored creamers for the cake itself? And if so, do you just replace the water/oil called for in the recipe.

2 replies
bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 3

I bought the same thing. I added it to a cake last weekend (WASC) substiuted half water half creamer and omitted the almond just used vanilla. I personally didn't like the taste but my taste testers at work loved it. Iced the cake with IMBC and filled with IMBC flavored with banana cream pudding(dry) that was my favorite part of the whole cake. The rest of creamer is in the freezer. HTH

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:02am
post #3 of 3

How funny to see this thread. My boyfriend and I were at the grocery store this evening and he got excited when he found it. I told him I might try it for a buttercream recipe and he glared at me so I guess I'll have to buy my own bottle. icon_smile.gif He loves it in his blueberry coffee which he's enjoying right now. I would love to hear your experiences with using it in icing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%