Metal Bow Mould?

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 18 May 2010 , 4:10pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 12

I was watching this show lat night called "best food ever" & the topic was bodacious bakeries & as I was wathching there was this one bakery, I think it was called miss muffin that made cakes & I thought in the background I saw like metal moulds for making the bow pieces.
Did I see wrong? Is there such a thing? I'm soo bad at making them but would love to make them as they are soo pretty, not to mention I have 3 girly girls & a nice bow would be nice for their cakes icon_rolleyes.gif

If any one knows of anything like this pls let me know thumbs_up.gif
TIA icon_lol.gif

11 replies
ChoueiriCakeCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 12

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=3165

Edit:

It seems to be blocked icon_confused.gif If you do a google search for "fondant bow mold" you should be able to find several types of molds.

hth! icon_smile.gif

jovigirl Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 12

Before I posted here I did a quick google search & did not see anything like I thought I saw on the show.
It just looked like a piece of metal in shape if a loop like what we make out of fondant/gumpaste. But because the metal is already looped you would just set the fondant on it & let it dry, no need to stuff it in order to keep it's shape. Once dry you just put them on the cake & assemble your bow. I metioned that it 's metal, but I'm not too sure what the material is, it just looked like metal, it's probably made out of something different?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 12

wonder if it's just a tear drop shaped cookie cutter? Did it look like that?

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 12

I saw that! I wondered how they cranked out so many beautiful bows so quickly. I have to do mine days in advance so they'll dry - and most of the time they look like crap!

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 12

I set the show to record on my dvr for today. I caught the end of a part where the cake desinger was using cloth to smooth out her buttercream. She said it was a fine, soft cloth and they showed her smoothing it out and blotting the buttercream. I will keep an eye out for the bow.

jovigirl Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:33pm
post #7 of 12

Yes it's on tonight again at 7pm. I will have my eyes glued on it icon_surprised.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 12

I have seen the metal bow shaper before, but I just use some rolls of
wax paper. That way I can change the shape of the bow as I needed.

Edna icon_smile.gif

jovigirl Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:07am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovigirl

Yes it's on tonight again at 7pm. I will have my eyes glued on it icon_surprised.gif

I watched it but the image went by too fast... I will keep searching online...
I wonder if I called the bakery if they would just tell me what they are called or where to get them..
Maybe it's custom made icon_confused.gif

jovigirl Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:51am
post #10 of 12

I have googled everthing I can think of & can't find anything like this icon_cry.gif
Hoping someone can help me with this thumbs_up.gif

jovigirl Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 12

Does anyone know what the above is called?

jovigirl Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 12

Ok so I contacted the bakery directly as I thought it might just be easier & they got back to with the folloing info:

"We don't use a bow mold and there's no telling what you may have seen in our kitchen! Each bow is like 15 loops and we wrap the fondant strips around empty paper towel tubes wrapped in wax paper until they dry."

So I guess I was just seeing things... maybe someone will invent it soon ;o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%