Dealing With Jerks: Vent

Lounge By SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Updated 13 May 2010 , 1:28am by mrspriss0912

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:41am
post #1 of 9

I'm trying to purchase used Stainless appliances for my shop. So I search all the classifieds and craigslist. I find a french door stainless fridge. So I email the guy and ask if it's in good shape, and does it have any flaws. He tells me that it's missing a bracket for the freezer handle, but I look the part up and it's only $4. So I drive 3 hrs, borrowing my father in law's dually truck which sucks fuel and spend $75 in fuel for the trip. We get there and the front of this fridge looks like someone took a piece of sand paper to clean the front of it! I look at the guy and say, what happened to the front of it? He gives me this lame line about his girlfriend saw where you could give it a swirl pattern on Martha Stewart. Yeah whatever! So I'm trying to be calm here, really wanting to go all crazy chick on him... and I point out that I asked him about any flaws, and he didn't mention the scratches. So I tell him that I'm not pleased with the way it looks. He says, "well its no big deal"....and that was just the wrong thing to say to me! I said "WELL IT'S A BIG DEAL TO ME SINCE I'VE SPENT $75 IN FUEL AND 6 HRS OF MY TIME TO GET HERE"!!!!!!!!!!
I really wish I could afford to just go buy all new stainless appliances to keep from dealing with jerks like this! Not to mention that I have a limited budget and can't waste that kind of money driving hours to look at items people lie about!
Thanks for letting me vent!

8 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:41am
post #2 of 9

Sorry this happened to you. Did he honestly think that by lying to you that he'd sell the fridge to you anyway? What a waste of your time.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 9

Sorry that happened to you. Perhaps asking for them to email you some more detailed pictures from different angles. That's not unheard of and people should be willing to do that if they want to make a sale.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 9

oh, that STINKS!!! i would be so mad too! i'm selling some stuff on Craigslist right now and i *always* make sure i give it to them straight, whats the the point of deceiving people to get them to your house?? did this guy really think you would just buy it since you were already there?? hope you have better luck next time!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 9

So you didn't buy it? If you did, you can have it regrained. It's really easy if you wanted to refinish the brushed look yourself.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 11 May 2010 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 9

No, I didn't buy it....My husband suggested trying to buff it, but he said I probably wouldn't be happy with it. The guy sent pics, but with the way the stainless had a glare, you couldnt' see the scratches icon_sad.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 9

If he lied about the exterior, he could have lied about the mechanical parts. I think you were smart to walk away from the "deal."

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

If he lied about the exterior, he could have lied about the mechanical parts. I think you were smart to walk away from the "deal."

Yeah, I thought about that myself. Smart move. thumbs_up.gif

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:28am
post #9 of 9

I think you were right not to buy it ... Have you thought of checking with resturant supply places some of the companies around here buy used and sell at a much lower cost . just a thought good luck with your search

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%