Chocolate Wars

Lounge By KimAZ Updated 16 May 2010 , 12:13am by KimAZ

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:44am
post #1 of 8

Hi,
Did anyone see the new show Chocolate Wars on TLC? I thought it was pretty good! It's obviously being filmed in the same studio/kitchens as Ultimate Cake Off. They changed the colors of the kitchens and chef's jackets but it's very similar in style as UCO.

I have never worked with chocolate myself but I love seeing the show pieces. I look forward to more shows!

KimAZ

7 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 May 2010 , 5:55am
post #2 of 8

No Kim I didn't see that. Did it air tonight? Have you seen The Little Chocolateers? (don't know if I spelled that correctly) That show is too funny.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:27am
post #3 of 8

I only watched the first minute or two of it. I was more interested in the show that aired right before... it's called Best Food Ever, narrated by John Goodman. Episode 2: (titled something like Top 10 Best Bodacious Bakeries across the U.S.) was entertaining! The only bakery mentioned that I had ever heard of was Michelle & Vinnie's Bleeding Heart Bakery.

cookiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedecorator Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 8

Chocolate Wars was amazing. I thought the girl who won both challenges should have won the whole thing. I didn't care for the winner's teddy bearish looking monkeys and the giraffe was creepy... IMO.

pastriegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastriegirl Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 8

I thougth the same...Ginger should have won...!

KimAZ Posted 15 May 2010 , 5:47am
post #6 of 8

I like the Little Chocolatiers too! Anything food related in fact!

I caught that Top 10 Bakeries the other night and the #10 one was right here in Arizona, downtown Mesa.

KimAZ

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 15 May 2010 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 8

Hi, KimAZ...

What is the name of the Mesa restaurant you referred to?
I moved here to Missouri from Queen Creek about 10 years ago and still enjoy hearing about my previous home.

I missed Chocolate Wars and will have to try to DVR it in the future. I still have several episodes of Cake Off and Challenge to catch up on. Good heavens, the food shows are such fun. I am only glad I can record them but hate to get so behind.

KimAZ Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:13am
post #8 of 8

The bakery/cafe that was featured on the Best Food Ever series in Mesa, AZ is called Sweet Cakes.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%