Omg! I Had No Idea

Decorating By sweetlayers Updated 11 May 2010 , 3:43pm by cakesdivine

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 15

Today, I received my very first 20 lb bucket of Satin Ice for a cake I have this weekend and I was so surprised at how DE-LI-CIOUS was. I had heard that it was good, but had never tried it before. So thanks to all you CCer's for the tip. I'll kee you posted on how well I was able to cover my cake with it.

Until next time...

Hasta Luego!

14 replies
GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:41am
post #2 of 15

if you dont mind my asking. how much did it cost you total? i live in northern idaho so shipping for me i'm sure would be substantial. i've always wanted to try satin ice

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:05am
post #3 of 15

It is on sale right now at a great deal for the 20lb. And I agree that it is delicious. I finally tried it about 6 months ago instead of making my own since I needed black, and fell in love with it! Now that is all I will use unless I just need a small amount and on short notice.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:08am
post #4 of 15

I like it too! Only wrap it well, it does dry out somewhat easily (for me at least)

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:30am
post #5 of 15

I liked it too! It even smelled good. I needed a large quantity of black fondant and decided to try Satin Ice. It was great to work with and the black color stayed true for me. Will definitely use again!

SunshineSally Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SunshineSally Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:39am
post #6 of 15

I LOVE Satin Ice fondant!! If you have trouble with it drying out, rub in a small amount of Wilton Glycerin. That's the newest trick I have learned and it works like a charm!

sweetlayers Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:07am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen

if you dont mind my asking. how much did it cost you total? i live in northern idaho so shipping for me i'm sure would be substantial. i've always wanted to try

I bought some other stuff too, but the 20lb bucket costs 46.00.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:48am
post #8 of 15

man we pay 76 for a 20 bucket

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 11 May 2010 , 11:48am
post #9 of 15

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:15pm
post #10 of 15

I pay $48 for a 20 lb. bucket at into the oven .com even with shipping it's under $60 and I've never waited more than 3 days from the time I order til the time it's at my door!

As far as keeping it from drying out, a trick I use is I grab the bag and pull it out of the bucket, give it a nice spin getting all the air out and then flip the whole thing over on top of the twisted open part of the bag. So the opening to the bag goes UNDER the whole ball of fondant into the bucket, then put the lid on the bucket.....never had even a tad bit of mine go dry!

sweetlayers Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:37pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurrette

WOW! icon_eek.gif

sweetlayers Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:38pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I pay $48 for a 20 lb. bucket at into the oven .com even with shipping it's under $60 and I've never waited more than 3 days from the time I order til the time it's at my door!

As far as keeping it from drying out, a trick I use is I grab the bag and pull it out of the bucket, give it a nice spin getting all the air out and then flip the whole thing over on top of the twisted open part of the bag. So the opening to the bag goes UNDER the whole ball of fondant into the bucket, then put the lid on the bucket.....never had even a tad bit of mine go dry!

Great tip! I will definitely use this!

Flintstone691961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flintstone691961 Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:39pm
post #13 of 15

It is the best, I mostly use the red and black....

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:57pm
post #14 of 15

Wait until you taste the dark chocolate..... uhhhhhhhhhhh It tastes like the richest brownie you can imagine.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:43pm
post #15 of 15

Satin Ice is ok, the dark chocolate version is really good, but the best tasting fondant in my opinion is Fondarific. I won't use anything else now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%